- 3 Time Award Winner for Best Saxophonist South Bay Blues Society
- W.C. Handy Award Nominee
- Bay Area Music Award BAMMIE Nominee
As a Leader
- Noel Catura “Soulful Situation” 2011
As a Sideman
- Joe Louis Walker, “President and the Preacher”
- Sista Monica, “Get Out of My Way”, “People Love the Blues” and “Live in Europe”
- Chris Cain, “Late Night City Blues”, “Cuttin’ Loose”, “Can’t Buy A Break”
- Jackie Payne, “Day in the Life of a Bluesman”
- Andy Just, “Andy Just Don’t Cry”
- Ronnie Beck, “Love Comes and Goes”
- Greg Murai, “And Your Soul Will Dance”
- Killer Acid Jazz by Cue Ball, “The Big Nervous Chill”
Award winning saxophonist, Noel Catura has been performing professionally and teaching in the Bay Area for over 30 years. Noel has performed nationally and internationally at such prestigious festivals including the Montreal Jazz Festival (Canada), The Gospel and Rhythm and Blues Festival (New York), The Notoden Blues Festival (Norway), Belgium Rhythm and Blues Festival, the West Palm Beach Festival (Florida), Bumpershoot Festival (Seattle), San Francisco Blues Festival and Sacramento Blues Festival.
Noel has performed and toured with Verve recording artist, Joe Louis Walker and Mo’ Muscle recording artist, Sista Monica and was instrumental in the success of the critically acclaimed Chris Cain Blues Band. He also has shared the stage with renowned artists such as Dave Weckl, Wayne Wallace, Ernie Watts, Russell Ferrante, Charles Brown, Eddie “Clean Head” Vinson, Albert King, Kim Wilson of the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Pat Ford, Ike Turner, Robben Ford, Bobby Womack, Ron E. Beck, John Lee Hooker, Joey DeFrancesco, Duke Jethro, Don Menza, Jeff Lorber and a host of others.
Noel currently performs in the Noel Catura Band, Nineteen Big Band and San Francisco dance band, Big City Revue. Noel is a respected educator and currently teaches private lessons at Music Village in San Jose, CA and at his home in Pleasanton, CA.
Booking and Private Lesson Information: 408-230-5969